Tuesday 8 March 2011

the frugal life.......

to start with I have opened three accounts. one for my income to go into and my direct debits to come out of (rent etc) the second is an everyday account where my weekly allowance of £60 will go into and will pay for food, mobile, travel, and anything else.... any savings will go into a pot to put towards a treat..... and then there is my savings account, after I've used whats left to pay off my debt I will need some where to store all that money.

Sadly this system of money organisation can't be used till I have wages. I think that was a step in the right direction. however today has not really gone to plan. My friend Jane offered to lend me a score in case I needed anything. We then walked, with 3yr old mini Jane, MILES to check out some shops in the industrial centre (pets store, DIY, Haberdashery, Charity warehouse) we walked till our legs ached and then Mini Jane saw the golden arches..... so we all had a happy meal (in my defence it was lunch time, all I had was a protein shake at 6 before gym, and this was our only prospect for food for a long while)

So day 1 and I spent £2 on a happy meal... and £1 on a ice cream (it was a nice day) then when we got to the charity warehouse I found a craft book for 40p (really inspired me on how to fill my time ) and I found a vinyl record of The Jams.... 50p, unscratched and when I saw it I knew I was going to wrap it up and really enjoy giving it to J. He loves music, just got a new record player and would love it..... sometimes you have to break the rules a bit when you know you will make someone really happy. I hope he likes it....... yeah he will love it..... if not, I get myself a record player...... off freecycle.

I think the thing I learnt today is that to be frugal you need to be organised and think about food. always carry a snack! and if your not wanting to buy, aviod the shops..... but actually, no really I am well pleased with my purchases. hours of entertainment and creativity for me and hours of enjoyment for a friend. that is worth a lot more than 90p, marstercard would say priceless. (because they want you to spend....)

At least today was better than last week..... I have a lot to learn about how to not spend money.

P.S McDonalds is evil, they have brainwashed children into loving it... but be honest they eat two chips, a nugget, break the toy after 20 minutes and then go on about "I'm hungry" why do children love McDonalds soooo much that they seem almost possessed when they pass one?

No comments:

Post a Comment