Saturday 22 January 2011

Job Interview

I went to the job Interview, all smart shirt and clean boots. funny, I didn't realise the job interview was made up of stages, that lasted a few days and started with a group interview.

I was horrified. I looked at the other candidates whom were all confident and chatty and normal in a youth worker sense (which is art teacher, strange and colourful aunty kind of normal. I still didn't know why I was applying for the job. I knew I wanted it, but I knew I would also feel like I was out of my depth and terrified if I got it.

Beleive it or not, I made it through the group ordeal and they wanted me back the next day at 9.30 for a further 2 interviews. My stomach flipped "2 MORE INTERVIEWS!" I spluttered at my shopping buddy. I didn't know what was worse not getting a call back or the realisation that I would have to have not 1 but 2 possibly traumatic disaster interviews. That wasn't even the worse part of my problem I had worn my only interview worthy clothes for this interview, I HAD NOTHING TO WEAR!

Me and IZ soon got back to shopping and me constantly droneing "what am I doing" "I cant do this" "they'll never employ me anyway" "maybe I accidently ticked the box that makes them interview me by law according to the anti discriminatory policy" and IZ trying to calm me down by saying "it's ok, you'll do really well" "you'll be great" etc. I finally found a grey and black pin stripe shirt on a sale rail and a beautiful 1940's style pill box fascinator with net veil type thing (yes I was going to wear this at the interview , thankfully I couldn't find it in the morning).

the morning comes at 6am, I get ready, I considered wearing make up, then compramised on just mascara. I have breakfast, I grab my prepared bag, and got myself to the town bus station. I waited...... I waited..... my bus didn't f***ing show up!!!!! I rang my Mum who was doing the school run and was not best pleased, I called my Nan who suggested ku chu ray-ing the situation (visualising/ meditating on a reiki symbol) don't laugh, after doing this for a minute or so my Mum called back minus the hump and offered to give me a lift.

I finally arrived in one piece and I did the 2 interviews without tripping over my own words or crying or sweating profusly and creating nasty sweat patches or mentioning my ku chu ray-ing the days events and meditating between interviews. I SURVIVED! not only did I survive, but I even got invited to the final stage of the interviewing process. I may well be ku chu ray-ing that and'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment